BBQ Ginger Chicken and Apricot
Asian spices added with the sweetness of the apricot chutney bring this together to make a really delicious combination that everyone in the family will enjoy.
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded 1/2-inch thin, or chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tbs fresh grated ginger or 1/4 tsp of ground
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Apricot Chutney
- Serves 3-4
- In a large ziplock freezer bag, combine the oil, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Seal the bag and use your hands to swish the mixture and combine.
- Add the chicken, then press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Massage the marinade into the breasts until evenly coated
- Place the bag in a bowl and leave in fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Preheat pan to high heat, then grease with olive oil before cooking
- Seal chicken quickly each side and then cook covered for approx 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add dollops of Apricot chutney and sliced almonds (optional) before serving