Goan Sangria Recipe
- 1 cup Water
- 1-2 dessert spoons Sugar, or to taste
- 2 x 2 inch Sri Lankan Cinnamon Stick
- 1 large sweet ripe lightly crushed Orange
- 10 ice-cubes
- 1 tbsp Brandy
- 1 bottle Red Wine
- 1/2 bunch Mint.
This refreshing drink comes from “those were the days” of the 40’s and even earlier and especially served during “welcome home” for relatives and friends.
- Boil the water, sugar and cinnamon for 5 minutes and cool and pour into a jug.
- Add the orange, brandy, red wine and torn mint.
- Stir well and chill.
- Pour into a beautiful serving jug and top with ice cubes.