Parsee Egg Nog Recipe
- 1/2 Star Anise
- 1 Green Cardamom crushed
- 1/2 inch Sri Lankan Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Sugar (or to taste)
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs separated
- Vanilla (optional)
- Brandy to taste
- In a saucepan boil the water, sugar, star anise, cardamom and cinnamon stick for 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is sticky.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks until thick and pale.
- Combine the milk, vanilla essence, brandy and spiced sugar syrup in a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Add the milk mixture to the egg yolks whisking well. In a separate bowl with a clean whisk beat the egg whites until stiff and fold through the milk mixture.
- Chill and serve garnished with ground cinnamon.