Garlic Naan – Quick recipe with Gluten Free option
Piping hot garlic naan! This quick recipe gives you the option of gluten free and even dairy free making it a great option to suit everyone’s dietary requirements.
- 2 cups (250g) all purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 ¼ cups (250g) plain yogurt (or coconut yogurt) use full-fat
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tbspn melted Garlic butter (supermarket brand ok)
Gluten Free: Swap the plain flour for your favourite gluten-free flour and adjust the amount as it might absorb the yogurt differently.
Garlic butter: can be made by melting approx 4 tbspn butter to 1 tbspn freshly crushed garlic, a little chopped parsley is nice too.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, use your hands to bring it all together.
- Knead it for a minute or so in the bowl until it comes together, it will be sticky, you can add a little more flour to make it manageable.
- Divide it into six equal pieces and then using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll each one onto a floured surface to about 15cm (6”) diameter.
- Heat a non stick frying pan (without oil) until hot. Cook each flatbread for a few minutes on each side until lightly golden spots appear and it puffs up.
- Brush with the garlic butter before serving