Malay Goat Curry Recipe
- 45mls ghee/oil
- 150g onion, finely chopped
- 5 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Malay Goat Curry Masala
- 500g goat or lamb, sliced
- 200g potatoes
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 stalk of lemon grass
- 1 cup coconut cream
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp blachan (dried shrimp paste) during cooking (optional)
- Heat the ghee/oil, add the onion and red chillies and fry until golden.
- Add the Malay Goat Curry Masala to the pan and fry gently until aromatic.
- Add the goat/lamb and potatoes to the pan and seal well on high heat.
- Add the water and the lemon grass to the pan, bring to the boil.
- Cook until meat is tender and liquid reduced. Add the coconut cream and salt to taste.
- Bring to the boil and serve with rice, Naan bread, yoghurt and chutney.
- If you would like to add the blachan, do so after frying the curry masala. This curry can be cooked using lamb, chicken or beef. The potatoes can be omitted, if desired, and replaced with meat.