Naan Bread Recipe
Naan is a soft and pillowy Indian-style flat bread traditionally served with curries. Can also be used for pizza bases or just nice and warm with some sweet chutney and yoghurt spread over the top.
- 500g Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Luke Warm Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Sieve the flour; add the baking powder, yeast and salt.
- Add the egg, oil and yoghurt and mix well adding the water as required to make dough.
- Knead well until smooth and pliable, cover and set aside in a warm place for 3 hours. Knead and set aside for a further hour.
- The dough should rise to double its original size. Divide into 8-10 equal balls.
- Flatten each to approximately 8 inch in diameter cook in a hot oven. (200c)
- Brush with butter or garlic butter and serve.