Oriental Red Date with Apple and Yoghurt Cake Recipe
- 190g salted Butter
- 1 cup castor Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cups plain Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 300mls Greek Yoghurt or Sour Cream
- Mudgeeraba Spices Oriental Red Date with Walnut and Apple Chutney
- Mudgeeraba Spices Chai Spice blend.
- 1/2 cup sliver almonds
- 45g brown sugar
- In a large bowl, cream together salted butter and castor sugar, add 2 large eggs one at a time and beat well. Sift together plain flour, baking powder, and bicarbonate soda. Fold in greek yoghurt or sour cream until combined. Lightly grease and line a 23cm springform cake pan. Spoon in half the cake mixture. Using a knife, lightly swirl through the cake mixture Mudgeeraba Spices Oriental Red Date with Walnut and Apple Chutney. Mix slivered almonds and brown sugar sprinkle on top over the remaining cake mixture and swirl through Mudgeeraba Spices Oriental Red Date with Walnut and Apple chutney. Sprinkle with topping. Bake in a 180 degree Celsius oven for 50 – 55mins until done. Serve cool with whipped cream. 1/4 cup brown sugar 2 tsp Mudgeeraba Spices Chai Spice Blend.