Oriental Red Date with Apple and Yoghurt Cake Recipe
- 190g salted Butter
- 1 cup castor Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cups plain Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 300mls Greek Yoghurt or Sour Cream
- Mudgeeraba Spices Oriental Red Date with Walnut and Apple Chutney
- Mudgeeraba Spices Chai Spice blend.
- 1/2 cup sliver almonds
- 45g brown sugar
- In a large bowl, cream together salted butter and castor sugar, add 2 large eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Sift together plain flour, baking powder, and bicarbonate soda. Fold in greek yoghurt or sour cream until combined.
- ightly grease and line a 23cm springform cake pan. Spoon in half the cake mixture.
- Using a knife, lightly swirl through the cake mixture Mudgeeraba Spices Oriental Red Date with Walnut and Apple Chutney.
- Mix slivered almonds and brown sugar sprinkle on top over the remaining cake mixture and swirl through Mudgeeraba Spices Oriental Red Date with Walnut and Apple chutney.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake in a 180 degree Celsius oven for 50 – 55mins until done.
- Serve cool with whipped cream, 1/4 cup brown sugar 2 tsp Mudgeeraba Spices Chai Spice Blend.