Bacon & Egg Brunch Galette Recipe
Fantastic for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
The added curry powder in this recipe gives these galettes more depth and warmth making them more wow than ordinary, they are super easy to whip up and even handy for lunches.
- 5 Bacon Rashers or Short cut pieces
- 1/3 brown onion finely diced
- 4 small eggs
- 1/2 tsp South Indian Vegetable Blend
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Olive Oil puff pastry
- Pre-heat oven to 200c
- Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper
- Cut your pastry into 4 quarters and lay in tray leaving a space between each piece
- Fold the edges over, only slightly (aout 1.5cm)
- Heat oil in frypan and then add chopped bacon, mushroom, onion and curry powder
- Fry until cooked and set aside to cool down for 5 minutes
- Spread the bacon mixture into each puff square and make a well in centre to crack egg into
- Season with salt and pepper
- Brush pastry edges with milk or egg and bake for 10 mins or until the egg is how you prefer
Serve with a small salad and Traditional Qld Mango chutney – YUMMY!
(Credit to “Its Not complicated” for Pic)