Cheese Balls with Chutney
We’ve kept this pretty simple but you could also add some chopped up cooked bacon, parmasen cheese, cheddar cheese – Have fun and be creative.
- 250g cream cheese
- 4 heaped tbs of Indian Date and Almond Chutney (or any of your favourite chutney or pickle)
- 3/4 cup mixed nuts – this can include pecans, walnuts, cashews, dried fruit (whatever you have available)
- Pinch of salt
- Leave cream cheese on bench to soften for approx 1/2 hour
- Cut roughly into squares to make it easier to mix
- Add chutney and mix through
- Put cream cheese mix in fridge to firm up for approx 2 hours
- Put your nuts into a processor or nutri-bullet to pulse into a course mix
- Break your cream cheese into even amounts and roll into balls about 20cm diameter
- Roll your cheese balls into your nut mix and insert a toothpick
- Chill until ready to serve.