- OPEN: Mon-Sat
- 07 5525 2555
Chicken Korma Recipe
- 800g Skinless Chicken Thigh
- 1/4 cup Ground Desiccated Coconut
- 4 tbsp Soaked and Ground Cashews
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 3 tbsp Ginger Paste*
- 4 tsp Garlic Paste*
- 200g Fried Onion Paste^
- 1 1/2 level tbsp Mudgeeraba Spices Parsee Lamb & Cashew Korma Blend
- 80g Ghee
- 10 whole Green Cardamom Pods
- 2 whole Black Cardamom Pods (optional)
- 8 whole Cloves
- 2 inch whole Cinnamon Stick
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 1 1/2 cups Boiling Water
- Salt to taste (approx. 1/3 ? 1/2 tsp)
- Combine the coconut, cashews, tahini, ginger, garlic, onion paste, and Mudgeeraba Spices Parsee Lamb & Cashew Korma Blend, add chicken and marinate for at least 30 minutes. In a pan heat the ghee until hot, add the whole spice and fry for one minute. Add the marinated chicken to the pan and stir well. Add the water and bring to the boil mixing well. Cook on low-medium heat until the chicken is tender and reduce the gravy with the lid off.
- Serve with Mudgeeraba Spices Oriental Red Date Walnut & Apple Chutney.
- *to make garlic and ginger paste blend or use a mortar and pestle or blender to grind to a smooth paste. ^to make fried onion paste, fry the onions in oil or 50g of butter until golden then blend to a paste.