- OPEN: Mon-Sat
- 07 5525 2555
Chicken Satay Curry Recipe
- 4 skinless Chicken Breast cut into small cubes
- 2 stalks Lemon Grass (white parts only)
- 50g Red Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds ground
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Wooden Skewers (soaked in water to stop them burning)
- Satay ?
- 5 tbsp(100g) Sambal Kachang Satay Sauce
- 200 ml Coconut Cream
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Bring Satay ingredients to a boil, stirring constantly.
- For a creamier texture, blend slightly. For milder Satay add another 50ml Coconut Cream to mixture.
- To make marinade, grind the lemon grass and red onion together in a food processor to make a paste.
- Add the coriander, chilli, turmeric and sugar and mix well. Marinate the chicken overnight.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the wooden skewers.
- Grill or barbecue the skewer for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked. Pour Satay over cooked chicken skewers and serve with rice and chunky cucumber.