Classic Baked Cheesecake with Mango & Fig Recipe
A silky-smooth, rich, cream cheese-based dessert that’s luscious to eat – perfecting your dinner party right to the end
- 150g chilled Butter, diced
- 225g plain Flour
- 1 egg Yolk
- 2 tbsp Water
- 700g cream cheese
- 200g castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chai spice blend (optional)
- 3 lightly beaten eggs.
- Topping 3-5 tbsp. Mudgeeraba Spices Traditional Queensland Mango & Fig Chutney.
- Rub together the butter and flour until it resembles fine bread crumbs (or pulse it together in a food processor).
- Add the egg yolk and water and combine until it resembles a dough. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Grease and flour a 25cm quiche/flan tin.
- Remove dough from the bowl and shape into a ball and flatten gently with the palm to approximately 1 inch and wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Place the 3/4 of the dough between 2 sheets of grease proof paper and roll out to approximately 1/2 cm thick.
- Line the quiche tin with the dough cutting off the excess. Blind bake the base for 30 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and chai to a mixer and beat well.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs last and mix through thoroughly.
- Pour the filling into the pastry shell and place into the same oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Check that the cheesecake is firm before removing from the oven.
- Set aside and cool and place in the fridge to chill.
- Prior to serving top with a layer of the traditional queensland mango & fig chutney and serve with whipped cream.