Date, Fig & Plum Fruit Mince Pies with Chai Butter Recipe
- 150g chilled diced butter
- 225g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 tbsp. Castor sugar
- Mudgeeraba Spices Indian Date, Almond, Fig And Plum Chutney Or Oriental Red Date With Apple &Walnut Chutney (or your choice of chutney).
- Chai butter
- 75g soft butter
- 175g icing sugar
- 1 tsp orange rind
- 1/2 tsp chai spice blend
- Rub together the butter and flour until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Using a knife, stir in the egg yolk, orange rind and castor sugar and mix to form a dough.
- Remove from the bowl shape into a ball and flatten gently with the palm to approximately 1 inch and wrap in plastic and chill.
- Place 3/4 of the dough between 2 sheets of grease proof paper and roll out to approximately 1/2 cm thick.
- Grease 6x5cm fluted tartlet tins and line them well with the pastry.
- Fill the tartlet base with approximately 1 1/2 tsp Mudgeeraba Spices Indian Date Almond, Fig & Plum chutney.
- Roll out the remaining dough using the method above and using a 5cm diameter star shaped cutter, cut a star for the top of each pie.
- Place on top and bake in a preheated 200 degree Celsius oven for 10 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- Whip together the butter, icing sugar, orange rind and chai spice blend.
- Lift the star off the top of the pie using a knife and fill with chai butter.
- Replace the star and dust with icing sugar and serve.
- Makes 6-8