Sticky BBQ Sweet Prawns Recipe
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Pepper
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Oil
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 2-3 tbsp.Mudgeeraba Spices Sri Lankan Mango Chutney or chutney of your choice.
- 500g tiger prawns
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tbs honey
- Blend together garlic, ginger, pepper, sesame seeds, oil, lemon and chutney to make the marinade.
- Shell the prawns keeping the head and tail on, or just the tail, then mix the prawns in the marinade until all coated thoroughly. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- When ready to barbeque, remove the prawns from the marinade.
- With the remaining marinade add honey, water and cornflour and mix until lump free, simmer until thickened and reduced.
- Barbeque the prawns or cook on the hot plate basting with the marinade to keep them nice and sticky.
- Serve with chopped shallots, wedges of lemon, aioli and the sticky sauce on the side.
- Compliments smoked chicken, double smoked ham and as a tasty dip alternative.