Curry Corn Fritters
These mildly spiced fritters are so delicious, and very easy to make, another great idea from Mudgeeraba Spices to add to your recipe book.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped coriander
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Lamb & Cashew Korma curry powder (or your favourite other blend)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive or peanut oil
- Beat the eggs together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the corn, lime juice, milk, coriander, scallions, flour, baking powder, curry powder, and salt.
- Mix until ingredients are combined well.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, working in batches, carefully drop 1/4-cup mounds of the corn batter into the pan and using a spatula press the mounds down and shape them into patties roughly 8cm wide.
- Cook until the patties are golden brown on one side, 2 to 4 minutes, then flip and brown the other side, 2 to 4 more minutes.
- Transfer fritters to a paper towel lined plate and continue cooking the rest of the batter until it’s all used up.
- Serve the fritters warm with some sweet and spicy Sri Lanka Lime chutney.