Curry Chickpea Salad
Perfect for Spring or Summer, enjoy this refreshing and foodgasmic concoction of joy any time of day.
Best of all, its crazy easy to make.
Thanks goes to Brittany @Easy Bird Food for this amazing dish!
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons South Indian Vegetable curry masala powder
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped red capsicum
- 2 celery hearts, chopped (The stalks in the center are called the heart and are the most tender)
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped (or 1/2 cup raisins)
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- chopped cashews (optional)
- spinach or spring mix for serving
- Combine all the dressing ingredients (oil, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, curry powder, maple syrup, salt and curry powder) in a large bowl
- Add chickpeas, celery, red pepper, dates, red onion and cilantro to the bowl and stir to combine
- Serve chickpea salad on a bed of spinach or spring mix and top with cashews