Goa Beef Curry Recipe
- 50g ghee/butter/oil
- 50g onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 2.5 tbsp Goa Beef Curry Masala
- 1 kg diced Beef
- 2 cups boiling water
- 250g potatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 cup ground pan-roasted desiccated coconut
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup coconut cream (optional)
- Heat the ghee in a large pan until hot.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies, sauté.
- Lower the heat, add the Goa Beef Curry Masala to the pan, stir well and fry until aromatic.
- Add the meat and seal on high heat, stir well. Add the boiling water to the pan stirring well and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the meat is tender, then add the potatoes and cook until done.
- Add the coconut, salt, and lime juice.
- As an option, the coconut cream can be added to the pan after reducing the liquid.
- Serve the curry with rice, Naan bread, yoghurt and chutney.