Goa Fish Curry Recipe
- 1/2 cup of ghee/oil
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 green chillies/capsicum
- 2 tbsp Goa Fish Curry Masala
- 400ml coconut cream
- 1/2 cup tinned diced tomato
- 1kg fish steaks or whole small fish (rubbed with 1 tsp salt)
- 1 handful of Okra (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat oil in a large pan until hot. Add onion, garlic and chillies, sauté.
- Lower heat, add Goa Fish Curry Masala to pan, stir well and fry until aromatic.
- Add coconut cream and tinned diced tomatoes.
- Bring to boil and add the fish, lemon juice and okra, cooking gently with lid on pot until fish is done.
- Be careful to avoid overcooking the fish. Salt to taste.
- Fish curries are usually better the next day.
- Serve with steamed rice, lime pickles and a diced salad of cucumber, red onions and tomatoes.