Goa Lamb Curry Recipe
- 1/4 cup of ghee/oil
- 200g onions, finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3.5 tbsp (45g) Goa Lamb Curry Masala
- 1kg Lamb pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut cream
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- Heat the ghee/oil and add the onion, garlic, ginger and chillies and fry until golden.
- Add the water and cook until the onion is mushy and all the liquids have absorbed.
- Lower the heat and add the Goa Lamb Curry Masala and fry gently stirring well.
- Add the lamb pieces and seal quickly on high heat.
- Add the water and bring to a rapid boil and simmer until the lamb is well done.
- Add the coconut cream and cook until the curry has reduced. Add the lime juice and salt to taste.
- Reheat the curry before serving for a better tasting curry.
- This curry is best cooked with lamb, chicken or beef and potato or sweet potato.
- Serve the curry with rice, Naan bread, yoghurt and chutney.