Madras Chicken Curry Recipe
- 3 tbsp butter/ghee
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds (optional)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, diced
- 3 green chillies, diced
- 2 tbsp Madras Chicken Curry Masala
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, cut small
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tin of tomatoes or water
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat the oil until hot and add the mustard seeds, cooking until they splutter.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies, sauté.
- Lower the heat, add the Madras Chicken Curry Masala to the pan, stir well and fry until aromatic.
- Add the meat and seal on high heat, stir well, then add the coconut milk, tomatoes and salt.
- Bring to the boil, then cook simmering until the meat is tender and the liquid has reduced.
- If you wish to add potatoes to your curry, add half way through the cooking process.
- Serve the curry with rice, Naan bread, yoghurt and chutney.