Onion Bhajis – Easy
A very popular Indian appetizer would have to be this little veggie star, super easy and hits the spot for flavour.
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 100gms plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and very finely sliced
- oil for frying
- Soak the finely sliced onion in cold water
- Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl, add the spices and a generous sprinkle of salt
- Mix in a about 100ml of cold water to make a thick batter, adjust with water as required
- Drain the onion really well and mix into the batter.
- Heat about 5cm of oil in a wok or deep pan until hot
- Lower heaped tablespoons of the bhaji mixture into the pan, a few at a time and cook for a few minutes
- Turn once until they are evenly browned and crisp, should be around 3-4mins at the most.
- Drain on paper towel, sprinkle a little salt and keep warm until serving.
recipe from GoodFood