Pumpkin, Spinach and Feta Salad
Making roast veggies? Make some extra pumpkin and sprinkle a little curry powder on them in prep for tomorrow’s lunch!
And, toss together this quick and easy pumpkin, spinach and feta salad for lunch(yum)….how organized are you?
- 500 gms pumpkin cut into cubes (3cm)
- EVOO to coat pumpkin for roasting
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- 1 tsp of South Indian Vegetable Curry blend
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 150 gms washed baby spinach leaves
- 60 gms feta cubed
Ingredients for Dressing
- 5 tbs EVOO
- 2 tbs good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 220C
- In a small bowl mix your curry powder, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place your pumpkin pieces in a baking tray and coat all your pumpkin pieces with your curry mix and spread out over the tray and place in oven and bake for 20mins.
- Remove from oven and turn over the pieces and bake for a further 5-10mins until golden (cooked but still firm, don’t overcook).
- Remove from tray and allow to cool on a plate until ready to use.
- Put your dressing ingredients in a jar and shake, taste and adjust to your liking. Set aside.
- Give your pine nuts a quick toast in a dry pan over a medium heat until aromatic and a light gold in colour.
- Place spinach in a bowl and drizzle a little bit of dressing and toss it through.
- Add your cooled pumpkin, a little bit of chopped feta and pine nuts.
- Transfer to your plates and evenly sprinkle over remaining feta and pine nuts.
- When you’re about to serve drizzle with remaining dressing over the salad. Enjoy!