South Indian Vegetable Curry Recipe
- 50ml ghee/oil
- 1 tsp mustard seed (optional)
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 inch piece fresh root ginger
- 1 chilli/capsicum sliced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp South Indian Vegetable Curry Masala
- 1 kg mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tin of tomatoes or water
- Heat the oil until hot and add the mustard seeds, cooking until they splutter.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli, sauté.
- Lower the heat, add the South Indian Vegetable Curry Masala to the pan, stir well and fry until aromatic.
- If the mixture is too dry add a small amount of water to enable the spice to fry.
- Add the vegetables and stir, mix in the salt, coconut milk, water or tomatoes.
- Cover and bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Remove the lid and reduce liquid until desired consistency.
- Serve the curry with rice, Naan bread, yoghurt and chutney.