Sri Lanka Beef Curry Recipe
- 50g ghee/butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 5cm piece root ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Sri Lanka Beef Curry Masala
- 1 kg Beef pieces
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 1 tin of tomatoes or water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sprig curry leaves (optional)
- 1 chilli/capsicum, sliced (optional)
- Heat the ghee in a large pan until hot.
- Add the onions, ginger and garlic, sauté.
- Lower the heat, add the Sri Lanka Beef Curry Masala to the pan, stir well and fry until aromatic.
- Add the meat and seal on high heat, stir well.
- Add the coconut cream, tomatoes/water and salt.
- Bring to the boil, then cook simmering until the meat is tender and the liquid has reduced.
- Serve the curry with rice, Naan bread, yoghurt and chutney.