Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- 2 Chickens (500-600g each skinned and scored well)
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g garlic
- 15g fresh ginger
- Juice of half a lemon
- Blend all ingredients to a paste and rub over Chickens.
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2-4 level tbsp Tandoori Chicken Masala
- juice of half lemon
- 1/4 cup oil
- 30g fresh ginger
- Blend to a paste and marinade Chicken for 1/2 a day in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oven or grill and skewer each chicken from the neck to tail and roast on a rack in the oven at 180-200 deg C.
- When done, baste with butter and garnish with lemon wedges, onion rings and 1 tsp Tandoori Chicken Masala.
- To grill chicken, split each chicken into 2 pieces from the back bone and grill until done.
- Serve with Kashmiri Puri, Raita or Dahl.