Vol Au Vents Recipe
- 1 packet Puff Pastry sheets
- 20g Butter
- 1/4 cup plain Flour
- 400mls Milk
- 1 tsp. Mudgeeraba Spices South Indian Curry Paste
- 1 Egg
- Your choice of chopped Chicken, hard boiled Eggs, Prawn or Smoked Salmon or Cold Meat.
- Stamp out rounds using a floured 4cm plain or fluted cutter. Transfer the rounds to a baking sheet. Lightly brush the top with beaten egg. Cut half way through the depth of each round of pastry using a slightly smaller cutter. Chill then bake in a preheated oven on 220 degrees celsius for 5 ? 10 minutes or until done. Leave to cool then ease off the ?lid? with a pointed knife. Scoop out any soft pastry from the centre and spoon filling inside.
- In a heavy pan, melt the butter on low heat. Add the flour stirring well to make a paste and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the milk. Place the pan back on the heat cooking at medium stirring gently until the mixture boils. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened. Add the curry paste and season with salt and pepper if required
- Top with your choice of topping and garnish with parsley, avocado, dill etc.