Broccoli and Cheese Quiche Recipe
A no-fuss vegetable quiche for a quick Sunday night meal with leftovers for lunch…hopefully!
- 2 cups diced broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1 frozen pie crust or store bought short-crust pastry and line into a greased pie tin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 generous pinch kosher salt
- 1 generous pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Mudgeeraba Spices Madras Chicken Curry Blend
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180c degrees.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Once boiling, blanch broccoli and onion for 3-4 minutes and then run under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
- Place drained broccoli and onion in the frozen pie crust in an even layer.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Pour custard into the pie crust evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes until the middle is no longer jiggly. Cool for 30 minutes and serve.
- Serve with Chutney of choice