Butter Chicken Curry Recipe – Traditional Murgh Makhani
Butter Chicken is a creamy tandoori dish traditionally cooked with chicken, it is a family favourite and crowd pleaser.
Garnish and serve hot with naan bread or rice and tomato chutney.
- 1 kg chicken breast or thigh fillet cut into pieces
- 3 tbs butter/ghee
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup cream
- 400g tin tomatoes pureed or use 100g tomato paste
- 1 tsp ginger chopped finely
- 1 tbs coriander leaves chopped finely (optional)
- 1 tbs finely chopped chilli or capsicum chopped and seeded
- 2 tsp Mudgeeraba Spices Butter Chicken Curry Masala Blend
- 1 tbs almond meal (optional)
- Melt the butter and add chillies, ginger and coriander.
- Fry for a few minutes on medium heat
- Add Butter Chicken Curry Masala, mix well and fry
- Add the pureed onion and garlic and cook until mixture is well mixed
- Add the chicken and seal well
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Cook until down and salt to taste
- To thicken the gravy, simmer with lid off until reaching the desired consistency
**Garlic and onion should be boiled until soft and pureed or alternatively these can be diced and stir fried.
**Yoghurt and cream can be substituted for 300ml full cream sour cream