- Mon-Fri: 9am - 3:30pm
- 07 5525 2555
Carrot Cake Muffins with Punjab Mango & Date Chutney Recipe
Yummy carrot cake muffins – even great for breakfast.
- 1 cup Oil
- 260g Brown Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 365g coarsely grated Carrots
- 120g Walnut Kernels
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 300g self-raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 4 tsp Mudgeeraba Spices Chai Masala
- 1/2 cup Mudgeeraba Spices Punjab Mango & Date Chutney
- 30g softened Butter
- 80g softened Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- Beat oil, brown sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Sift together carrots, walnut kernels and raisins, add to other ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in flour, bicarbonate of soda, Mudgeeraba Spices Chai Masala.
- Spoon into lined muffin pans and swirl with 1 tsp Mudgeeraba Spices Punjab Mango & Date Chutney.
- Bake in a moderate oven until done, remove from oven and cool.
- Top with frosting and grated lemon zest.
- For frosting: cream together butter, cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and icing sugar until light and fluffy.