Kashmiri Chicken Almond & Raisin Korma Recipe
- 50g ghee/oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 inches of fresh root ginger chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Kashmiri Chicken Almond & Raisin Curry Masala
- 1kg Chicken pieces
- 300mls cream
- 50g slivered almonds (any nut)
- 50g raisins (or any dried fruit)
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt the ghee in a casserole dish on the stove.
- Add the chopped onions and ginger and fry until brown.
- Add the Kashmiri Chicken, Almond, & Raisin Curry Masala and fry gently for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add the cream, almonds and raisins and cook with the lid on at 180 deg C in the oven until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Skim off excess fat. Serve with Saffron Rice, Naan Bread, steamed rice or chapattis.
N.B. This curry does not have to be cooked in the oven and can be cooked on the stove if preferred.