Parsee Lamb & Cashew Korma Recipe
- 125g ghee/oil
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 300g onions, finely chopped
- 300g tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2.5 tbsp Parsee Lamb & Cashew Curry Masala
- 1.5 kg lamb pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt/sour cream
- 12 fried potatoes
- Melt ghee in pan, add cashew nuts, fry gently until lightly browned. Remove cashew nuts from pan with slotted spoon, leaving ghee behind. Set aside.
- Heat ghee, fry onions until golden. Add and fry tomatoes until soft and thick. Lower heat, add Parsee Lamb and Cashew Nut Curry Masala and cook until aromatic. Turn heat up to high, add meat to pan and seal well.
- Add water to the pan, bring to the boil, cook lamb on low until tender and most of the liquid has absorbed. Add the Greek yoghurt or sour cream to pan, stir, cover and cook on low heat. Add cashew nuts, potatoes and salt to taste. Serve hot with rice, Naan bread, yoghurt and chutney.
- This curry can be cooked without yoghurt for a delicious variation.